Role playing games or RPGs are arguable some of the most popular games in existence. Since the 1970, when gaming consoles became popular fixtures in households, role playing games were the most popular genre by far. This is true to this day, with role playing games like Assassin’s Creed, The Witcher series and Elder Scrolls being some of the most popular games of the 21st century.
As gaming moves onto mobile devices, and the mobile gaming market matures, we can see more and more RPGs gaining popularity on the App Store and the Google Play Store. RPGs typically follow a character or a group of characters as they traverse a world, combat enemies and upgrade their skills.
Some of the important elements of RPGs are, a diverse and varying universe, a large cast of characters, a widespread lore that tells and overarching story and a sense a familiarity for the player to associate with.
The One Piece Treasure Cruise is an RPG that is based on the hugely popular manga and anime series One Piece. The game follows the main character Luffy and a total crew of six characters. The game takes place in the canon One Piece universe and tells the story as is narrated in the manga.
One Piece Treasure Cruise is a role-playing game at its heart, with the character controlling a crew of six characters as they traverse the One Piece world. The story essentially takes our titular characters as they battle various enemies in hopes of becoming the most dominant pirates in the land.
The game features almost all the popular characters from the show One Piece, and lets you recruit new characters as you battle them and defeat them, to be a part of your team.
The game has a battle system based on timely taps and follows a turn-based strategy approach. When you enter a battle, you need to tap to attack your enemy. Timely taps can result in combo moves that deal devastating damage to your foes.
As you defeat enemies, you gain experience points that allow you to level up the characters on your team over time. As you amass newer characters and keep leveling up, you can explore more of the world and the storyline on One Piece.
- The game is made by the world-famous Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc, which has created numerous popular anime franchises.
- The game has over a 100 million downloads and is a reliable app.
- The game has a unique tap-based battle system that lets you wreak havoc on your enemies.
- One Piece Treasure Cruise lets you relive and follow the storyline and character arcs of the popular anime and manga One Piece.
- The game has over 2000 characters that you can defeat and recruit into your team, allowing you to build a unique roster according to your preference.
- The game has a great progression system that allows you to upgrade your team to make them battle ready and effective.
One Piece is an iconic and widely popular franchise that has memorable characters and unique storylines. If you are someone who has been a fan of the anime or the manga, One Piece Treasure Cruise is a great way to relive the fond memories and experience the saga of Luffy in a brand-new format. And even if you are not familiar with the franchise, the game is a great RPG that tells a story that is beloved by many.